Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Valerie F. 11 2010

     My name is Valerie and I am a 7th grader at East Austin College Prep Academy. My topic is mining because I am interested in whats beneath the surface of the Earth and mining could be a start. Also because I'm fascinated at some things that rocks can help scientist learn and do -such as learning about the past and creating new man made objects.
     So far I have learned the basics about mining and people how mine. I've learned that people are very important becaues not many pople would put there lives at risk to try and DIG of all things. Miners can find anything from minerals to oil down there. There are many steps and safety precautions taken in order to mine. Flashlights, tool belts, special boots, water, food, anything that might be useful in a dangerous situation.
     Another reason as to why I am very interested in mining is because I know that some mining is dangerous and terrifing, but some poeple still do it. I mean, I sort of understand why because I know i'm not going to go into a mine and dig until my drill and dig and drig and dig. So someone has too! I really want to learn more a bout mining and how it works from other sources.


Sources:
  

2 comments:

  1. I don't really know if mining has to do with pollution, but your blog is really good and you explained how hard is to get out of the dirt.Also you helped your blog to be good because you are giving your opinion about mining, and why you had chosed this topic.Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it actually does. Some types of mining tools can release toxins and other pollution into the air. Thanks as well.

    ReplyDelete